We have come to a point where our collective needs to expand. We are looking for new people to join us in supporting the pregnant people of the Piedmont. With all of the abortion bills being passed in the last few weeks, now more than ever we need to focus on providing the compassionate care people deserve. If you’re looking for a meaningful way to be involved please fill out the following questionnaire and email us with your responses and we will be in touch with you.
We are currently working on a curriculum and will be offering a training for new volunteers sometime in October. Because of this we ask that new volunteers have their applications in by September 16th to allow time for last minute interviews before training. No prior experience in pregnancy/health care is necessary, but a commitment to reproductive justice is.
Application For Spectrum Volunteers
1. Please list any prior experience in pregnancy, sexual health, reproductive justice, etc. you may have had.
2. What is your experience with abortion or abortion support? What has been the impact of those experiences?
3. Do you have any experience working with collective process?
4. What is your main reason for wanting to volunteer with the Spectrum Doula Collective?
5. How did you hear about us?
6. What level of commitment to the project are you interested in/what is your availability?
7. What areas of volunteering are you interested in (birth, abortion, adoption, postpartum, fundraising, publicity, etc.)
8. Are you able to travel to provide care? How far?
9. How can we best get in touch with you?